2016 University Operations Award Winners announced at the 2nd Annual UO Than-Q BBQ!
Aug 17th, 2016 | Posted In : News,Updates
The second annual Than-Q BBQ:
For the second year, 500 University Operations members enjoyed great food – supplied by our very own Food Services culinary team, and cooked up by leads from all UO units – as well the music of Loco Zydeco, great company, and great prizes…not to mention wonderful weather in a wonderful setting. Our thanks to Mother Nature and toUniversity College!
This was our chance to honour our incredible staff – often the unsung heroes who, day after day, and year after year, provide out of the box thinking using off the shelf resource to produce AMAZING results. We received many nominations, both from within UO and from our external clients, and once again it was an incredible opportunity for the Committee to learn more about the initiative taken and projects led by our staff!
Congratulations to all…and read more about your colleagues (and yourselves!) below!
University Operations Annual Staff Achievement Awards Program
The Vice-President University Operations has established the annual Staff Achievement Awards Program in order to recognize exceptional staff contributions to the success of their particular unit, the University Operations portfolio and the University.
The program provides University Operations with an opportunity to thank staff for the valuable work performed throughout the year.
Outstanding Individual Employee Award
Presented to an individual staff member (regardless of length of service) involved in any area of staff work who has made outstanding contributions that go beyond the ordinary fulfillment of the position’s duties.
This year’s winners:
- Brian Szuberwood, University, Planning, Design & Construction
- Aris Manousos, Facitilities & Services
- Mike Clark, Information Technology Services
- Clayton Hillis, Ancillary Services
- Christine Beckermann, ITS
- Muhanad Sidek, University, Planning, Design & Construction
- Jeff Waldman, Planning & Budget
- Sarah Hinves, University, Planning, Design & Construction
- Will Heikoop, Information technology Services
- Ernie Lopez, Academic + Campus Events
Read more about each of our Winners in the 2016 University Operations Outstanding Individual Employee Award citations.
Distinguished Service Award
Presented to an employee with more than 15 years of service at the University who has made outstanding contributions that go beyond the ordinary fulfillment of the position’s duties.
This year’s winners:
- Michelle Broderick, Planning & Budget
- Gloria Cuneo, Ancillary Services
- Freda Opassinis, Facilities & Services
- Patrick Boal, Information Technology Services
- Ana Maria Capatosto, Facilities & Services
Read more about each of our Recipients 2016 University Operations Distinguished Service Award citations.
Outstanding Staff Team Award
Presented to two or more staff members who function as a team and who have taken on a time-limited project.
- Electricians Thanksgiving 2015
- Grant Gallichan
- Marven Chin
- Dean Hinds
- Bruce Thompson
- Glen Murray (retired)
- San-Moon Chao
- Greg Siomis
- Terry Fischer
- Steve Carnevale
- Traffic calming Phase 2
- Stan Szwagiel
- Alex MacIsaac
- Food Services In-Sourcing
- Jaco Lokker
- Paul Readings
- Bellmia Ravindran
- Amanda Chapman
- Edward Low
- Gayle McBurnie
- Susan Duncan
- Alison Coulter
- Todd Baril
- Cristina Minichini
- Convocation E-Ticketing project
- Gaye Wignall
- Hossein Aliabadi
- Marilee Keough
- Julia Huycke
- David Yin
- Terry Jones
- Walter Ni
- SAP Infrastructure project
- Marilee Keough
- Kun Chai
- Paul Littlefield
- Bruce Hoppe
- Danny Mak
- Joe Bate
- John Calvin
- Santino Ardizzi
Read more about our Winners and their innovative projects in the 2016 University Operations Outstanding Staff Team Award citations.
Congratulations to all!
And did we mention great prizes? These were supplied by our own units, and competition was fierce!
Some of the prizes available were
- 2 prizes of 1 month free parking or 1 month free TTC card (Transportation)
- Steam Plant Tour (F&S)
- Campus Police Ride Along (F&S)
- Lug-A-Mug/Recyclable Mugs from Grounds Services (20)
- Forget Me Nots/Blooms in a Bag also from Grounds Services (25)
- 10 caps/hats, 10 work gloves, 10 stubby screwdrivers and 10 Reusable Bags from Trades Services
- Larry Wayne Richards’ Princeton Architectural Press Campus Guide: University of Toronto University Planning Design & Construction
- Classic fire extinguisher from Fire Prevention Services
- Prize bags from Ancillary Services featuring our branded hats and water bottles
What a great way to end the summer and to start the school year!